The Mesa Verde VP Team
Daniel C. Wood, CFA
- Founding General Partner of IngleWood Ventures in 1999
- Founding General Partner of Mesa Verde Venture Partners in 2006
- Founding VC and former Board Member of CardioNet (NASDAQ-BEAT) & Cylene Pharmaceuticals
- Led IngleWood into Conforma Therapeutics first round (acquired by Biogen-Idec)
- First VC investor in Elevation Pharmaceuticals (acquired by Sunovian)
- Currently on Boards of LineaGen, Inc. and Satiogen Pharmaceuticals and Board Observer at Elevation Pharmaceuticals, Medipacs, Biomatrica, and Exagen Diagnostics.
- Extensive Network in the Southwest
- San Diego-based investment professional since 1978
- Has known the Sanderling team for many years
- Service on portfolio company comp, audit and executive search committees
- Knows CEOs from experience publishing Golden Triangle and Sorrento Valley Business News for 13 years
-Dan Wood is General Partner of Mesa Verde Venture Partners, an early-stage bioscience venture capital fund focused on the Southwestern United States. Prior to forming Mesa Verde in late 2006, Mr. Wood had been co-founding General Partner of IngleWood Ventures of San Diego in 1999. IngleWood had performed 13 bioscience company investments, primarily in very early-stage companies in San Diego County. Until 2007, Mr. Wood had served on the Board of Directors of CardioNet (NASDAQ-BEAT) for seven years and Cylene Pharmaceuticals for six years. Dan led the first institutional rounds of financing for these companies. He was also a Board Observer at Conforma Therapeutics (acquired by Biogen-Idec for $234 million) and Digirad (NASDAQ-DRAD). While at Mesa Verde, he was the first VC investor in Elevation Pharmaceuticals which was acquired by Sunovian for up to $430 million. Prior to forming IngleWood in 1999, he had served as president of the Sorrento Corporation, a Registered Investment Advisory and publishing firm he formed in 1985 in San Diego. Mr. Wood is a Tufts University graduate and holds an MBA in Finance from the University of Connecticut and the Chartered Financial Analyst designation.
Carey J. Ng, Ph.D., MBA
Carey Ng is a Principal of Mesa Verde Venture Partners. He currently serves as a Board Observer at Satiogen Pharmaceuticals, Elevation Pharmaceuticals, Medipacs, and Biomatrica. Prior to Mesa Verde, Dr. Ng was involved in several biotechnology startups focused on cancer therapeutics and diagnostics. Dr. Ng received a Ph.D. in Molecular and Medical Pharmacology from the Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and a MBA from the Rady School of Management at UCSD.